Our guild has a group of quilters who gather on the selected Mondays
to work on quilts to give away to those in need. Anyone is welcome.
Community Projects is being chaired by Deanna Easley and Darla
Snider. Projects are being sewn on the first and third Mondays of each
month beginning at 9:00 a.m. Participants need to bring a sack lunch.
- When: 9 am to 11:30 pm (but come and go when suits you)
- Dates: See the pattern below (usually first
and third Mondays)
- Where: Abbey Road Christian Church, 2411 Abbey
Road, Cape Girardeau
- What will you do: There are lots of jobs -- sew, press, cut, pin, whatever
you'd like to do
- Who benefits: Quilts have gone to the Safe House, Family Services,
lap quilts for nursing homes,.....
Community Projects Work Day Pattern
Third Monday in March
First and Third Monday in April, May, June, July, August
Third Monday in September
First and Third Monday in October
First Monday in November and December
See Deanna or Darla be put on
email reminder list
Cannot meet with them? -- You can work at home or donate some cotton
Let someone on the committee know,
and you can take home a sack. They will give you a sack with the top, batting, backing, and maybe the binding.
You can finish the quilt
*The quilt may be tied, machine tacked, hand or machine quilted or any combination
* Whatever you do must be no more than four inches apart.
* Some will come with binding, some may not.
* Please try to finish the quilt by the next meeting.
* If you have any questions please call Deanna Easley or Darla Snider
Back to Guild home page